Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Blog Post 4

For Blog Post 4 I was required to watch three out of five videos on podcasting. This blog post assignment was intended to prepare the class for the podcast assignment that will be due in two weeks.

An RSS icon wearing headphones



Judy Scharf's post about creating a Podcast was very interesting. I have always listened to podcasts but I have never created a podcast. The information that Ms.Scharf posted was very beneficial. The video that she added on her blog post, How to Create a Podcast was confusing for me but the video did explain to me things that I did not know about. Judy Scharf posted multiple things about creating a podcast and each post was extremely beneficial. The Things that Judy Scharf mentioned will help me when it comes to creating my podcast.

The next Blog that I visited concerning podcasting was Joe Dale's Blog. The first thing that I did when I visited his blog was wach the YouTube video Podcasting In The Classroom. This was a great ten minute video describing the generation we live in, and how technology can be used to aid in learning. The video stated that podcasting focuses on the higher levels of Bloom's Taxonomy and allows for creativity. I found it interesting that sick students would be able to utilize podcasting while they remain at home. I am a history major, and I really appreciated how the 6th grade Social Studies teacher had the students use podcast to act out interviews with historic figures. This could definitely be a tool that I can use in the future.

The Sparknote logo

The last page I viewed was on bspcn.com. The article that I watched was 100 Ways to Use Your iPod to Learn and Study Better. I had no idea about all of the different ways that a teacher could utilize an iPod in the class room. I have recently learned that an iPod does more that play music. Discovering all of this is eye opening for me.
The very First thing on the list of 100 was Spark Notes. Sparknotes is a tool that I have used before, and I particularly like Spark Notes because it allows students to comprehend information that could be hard to read in its original form. I also like number 16 on the count down which is "iPod Spanish to Go". I can see how a child could learn a language more fluently by listening to an audio recording. I can defiantly see myself using most of these tools in my future career. I would use them sparingly and I would definitely insure that they were not limiting the student.

1 comment: