Tuesday, April 24, 2012

C4T #4

a talking cloud
I am excited to be given the opportunity to visit Mr. Kemp's blog for a second time. Dr. Strange asked me to substitute my second C4T (which would have been my second time to comment on Mr. Kemp's blog) in order to comment on his blog post. I really enjoy reading Mr. Kemp's Tumblr posts, and I feel that Mr. Kemp has the unique ability to say much in a few words. I decided to comment on Mr. Kemp's blog post, The More You Talk About What You Believe. The majority of the post consisted of a quote that Simon Sinek posted through Twitter. Simon's quote stated, "The more you talk about what you believe, the more everyone will know what you believe". I loved this quote so much that I could not help but tweet it myself! We as "people", not just educators, should be extremely passionate about the things in which we believe. Of Course, people should be open to new ideas, but if your not passionate about what you beleive then how do you expect to progress in life? Mr. Kemp put it best when he wrote, "My belief is that we can be better, we have to better, we will be better. But we’ve got to be willing to step outside of our comfort zones, we have to be willing to admit it’s a process and we have to learn from all perspectives. It is great to celebrate where we are, but the key is to keep moving". My comment is posted below...

Hey Mr. Kemp,
I have enjoyed visiting your blog for the past few weeks, and I enjoy what you said in this post. People should be extremely passionate about the things that they believe in. People should definitely be open to new ideas and give every belief a chance, but if people are not passionate about what they beleive then how do they expect to progress in life? I am a firm believer in voicing my belief on each issue that I encounter. Thank you for your post.
a banner that has goodbye written on it
I'm sure that this week is a very sad week for all EDM310 students, because this week will bring to an end the C4T and C4C weekly assignments for this course. This week I was invited yet again to leave Mr. Kemp a comment. This week I commented on his post which was titled, Obstructive conservatism - closed minded arrogance. The title completely describes the entire post. Mr. Kemp left his reader with the question, "So, how do we combat this obstructive conservatism?" My response is below.

 Hey again, I would like to begin by stating that I have very much enjoyed visiting your blog for the past few weeks. Each quote that you post has been extremely relevant to the things that interest me. I generally think of myself as a conservative individual, but I would never define myself as Obstructive conservative. I would go as far as to say that I am "passionately" conservative in regard to moral issues, but I do see the hindrance that people can be that cling to their own personal "traditions". I am in 100% agreement with whichever approach best benefits the the task at hand, and I have seen people be extremely obstructive through their closed minded arrogance. I think finding a way to combat obstructive conservatism is one of the great mysteries of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment