Thursday, March 8, 2012

C4T #2

The Now Frontier: Posting Dissertations Online

road sign displaying change ahead

I was assigned to Will Deyamport's blog. In his blog post The Now Frontier: Posting Dissertations Online He was describing the difficulty that university's have had with embracing this new technological age. Mr. Deyamport is extremely technologically centered, and he could not understand why a modern day college has not utilized the method of submitting dissertations online. Mr. Deyamport gave a list of reasons why he was going to submit his dissertation online.

I commented on Will Deyamport's blog although I had little knowledge of dissertations and higher education practices. I basically told mr. Deyamport how shocked I was to hear that higher level institutions have not converted their facilities to be technologically centered. I also informed Mr. Deyamport that I forsee by the time that I would be working toward a doctorate degree that schools will have fully imbraced technology. The next paragraph is a copy of my comment.

Hello, my name is Keeley Bryan and I am a student at the University of South Alabama currently taking EDM310. I am working on a bachelors degree in secondary education. I know that there is minimal use of technology in high schools today, and technology seems to be more utilized in colleges than in high schools. We do live in a technology age and I do not understand why a university would not not utilize the process of submitting a dissertation on-line. The title of your blog post is accurate in relation to the present age that we live in, but I do foresee colleges eventually converting all of their possesses to the internet. I'm not and most likely will not be working toward a doctorate or submitting a dissertation, but I do think that by the time I will be teaching technology will be utilized by nearly every school system. I am not necessarily an advocate for consuming a child's life with technology, but I do believe that schools should prepare students for their future which will be technologically centered. I really enjoyed reading your blog post. Feel free to check out my EDM 310 class blog.

The End of Teaching (as we know it) - Slideshow by Alvaro González-Alorda



the world connected by technology

Mr. Deyamport's second blog post that I commented on was titled The End of Teaching as we Know It. In mr. Dayampor's blog post he added a slideshow about changing the role of education. The slideshow was created by Alvaro Gonzalez-Alorda. Mr. Deyamport's post went along perfectly with the information that we have addressed all semester in EDM310, and that is the idea of incorporating technology in the classroom and changing the role of the teacher.

Here is my comment that I left on mr. Deyamport's blog. Hello,
I commented on one of your previous blog posts a couple of weeks ago. I am a student at the University of South Alabama majoring in secondary history education. This semester I have had multiple different thoughts and ideologies thrown at me concerning incorporating technology in the classroom, and I have had the idea mentioned to me about changing the role of teachers from teacher to motivator. In my EDM310 class the main topic that I have researched is about incorporating technology in today's schools. I personally feel that refusing to incorporate technology in the classroom is criminal in an age that is so technology advanced, but I do not feel that certain classes should be centered upon technology. Sure, educators can benefit from incorporating technology in the class room, but I feel that the use of technology should be limited to a healthy extent which will promote the best learning environment. I suppose my idea of incorporating technology is directed toward limiting distraction and promoting the most beneficial means of educating students, and not just incorporating something just because it's new. I really enjoyed visiting your blog for the past two weeks and I appreciate the work that you do. I also enjoyed the slide show that you incorporated in this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment